Sunday, September 14, 2008

and the winner is...are...

Aitchd , you answered the questionnaire, and intrigued this redhead with by referring to a "Keatsian ecstasy" and to mowing the lawn with a push mower, one of my favorite sounds of childhood summers. Because you say you live too far away to come to my Birdland show tomorrow night, I am going to send you a copy of my CD, Feather and Bone.

Philomena was first to comment on our "Redheads on the Town" post, so she gets the ticket to the show.

Please email us at parkroadmanagement@verizon.net for details.

Thank you both!!!

2 comments:

AitchD said...

Thank you, Laurel! Okay, 'Keatsian ecstasy' is pompous, but it's his word, mine would be 'transformation', also pompous. Join the Circle of the Intrigued if you dare. Keats was experimenting with transformation (he was a pioneer!), and did pretty well in his performance of the Ode on a Grecian Urn, when the same intrigue took him someplace no one had been to before. Someone once tapped a small, Tibetan brass bell next to my ear (he had just returned from Tibet), and its pure ring struck a place well beyond my ear that I hadn't known existed in my head before. Same with the push mower, especially around fields of clover, you can move slow with struts and frets and make the wheels and blades sound something like sheep munching along. Are you still reading? I was intrigued with your answer for what you'd otherwise want to do (interview chat, evangelist, dog trainer), enough to ask which, if you had to choose one, would you choose. Which? My guess is dog trainer, am I right? How was Monday night?!! Did any of your notes break wine glasses?!!

Philomena said...

Ladies,

THANKS SO MUCH for choosing me to see Laurel at Birdland! Unfortunately, I was unable to attend, but makes me feel especially "wanted" to know I was selcted for the honor. Catch you next time, Laurel!

xo, Philomena